Radio Commercial Copywriting
Looking for a freelance radio commercial copywriter in Perth? I’m available to step in as a casual commercial scriptwriter working from my home office to deliver well-scripted radio adverts and spots for your commercial or community radio station.
My availability: I usually fill in when your copywriter goes on annual leave, takes sick leave or wants to take an extended Christmas break. I also step in when they need an extra hand clearing the backlog. I'm also available to come in to chat with you about your specific procedures if they differ from how other radio stations work.
To give you an idea of what I know about working with a radio station, here's a quick review of what my casual radio scriptwriting duties usually involve:
- Working with briefs from clients, producers or sales team
- Completing blank briefing forms and sending to sales or clients for sign-off
- Translating briefs into well-crafted scripts that communicate their messages
- Identifying the best approach for each script
- Identifying and placing orders for the best voiceover talent
- Identifying the best sound effects
- Writing concepts that fit the timing specified
- Communicating with voiceover studios and in-house voiceover talents
- Submitting all audio files and scripts to the in-house production team
- Updating and recycling scripts where necessary
- And anything else as per station protocol
I also come to you with a Bachelor of Communications (Media Studies), which covered scriptwriting and radio and television broadcasting.
I have also worked as a television producer and journalist where I wrote scripts for TV programs, news reports, and commercials.
I have strong production, presentation and technical skills.
I understand consumer behaviour and how to research and write for a specific target audience.
I know how to construct commercials and spots for your commercial or community audience.
My work experience also includes live reporting, live broadcasting, interviewing, editing, as well as directing production teams and directing from the OB van.
If you need a Perth-based radio copywriter or journalist, get in touch today.