HI. I’M RHONDA,
BLOGGER, EMERGING MARKETER AND AWARD-WINNING JOURNALIST.
I’m a social media enthusiast living South of Perth but can be found floating on Twitter.
My professional experience began in 2002 as a broadcast journalist, following a Bachelor of Communications degree in media studies. In 2010 I decided to pursue a career transition to enter the marketing field. In preparation, I’ve undertaken the Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce with a focus in marketing and graduated in February 2013.
During my recent studies, I’ve been providing administrative, and internal and external communication support for a policy team. After hours, you can find me in my writer’s den.
Here, I plan to write my thoughts as I master the art of storytelling in marketing. I’ve always been curious about the storytelling ideas and techniques that may make or break a brand. Already, I’m finding stories where small brands are doing well and they inspire me, while the mistakes of top brands teach me how not to. This blog is also about me and my thoughts on what I notice brands doing to convince consumers to choose their products, as well as my take on other things or practices that catch my attention. Mostly, I write from a consumer’s perspective with a strong understanding of consumer behaviour.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. Anything published by me on here does not reflect the opinions, thoughts and beliefs of any person, committee, employer or brand I work with.
My Qualifications and Experience
- Received a Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce (marketing) in February 2013
- Completed a Certificate in Public Relations and Events Management in 2007
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Communications (media studies) in 2002
- Seven years’ experience in production of marketing and other communications materials
- Six years’ experience in website content management and database management
- Strong social media management skills, including engagement, content creation and promotion, and
- Three years’ experience in journalism, including writing and reporting human interest stories.
If you’d like to talk to me about your writing requirements, please feel free to contact me through this form or by connecting with me on LinkedIn.
Connect with Me on LinkedIn